March 17th, 2010
by Herb Lady · Filed Under: cancer
From the John Hopkins Cancer Research Centre:
- Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells
- In the process it also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
- Radiation while destroying cancer cells burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
- Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size.
- However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumour destruction.
- When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
- Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy.
- Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
Article Series - Cancer
- Cancer Link to Acidity
- Immunity and Cancer
- Chemotherapy and Radiation Side Effects
- Cancer fighting foods
- Dr Lu's Cancer Research Findings
- Cancer Link with Plastic
- Surviving Cancer Wholistically
- Why Women get Breast Cancer
- Healing Breast Cancer - Respect Yourself
- Healing Breast Cancer - Nourish Yourself
- Healing Breast Cancer - Nurture Yourself
- Healing Breast Cancer - Self Acceptance
- Healing Breast Cancer - Sensuality
- Healing Breast Cancer - Sexuality
- Healing Breast cancer - Neediness
- Healing Breast Cancer - Resentment
Copyright Linn Wiggins www.yourherbalmedicine.com