November 24th, 2010
by Herb Lady · Filed Under: Herbal Dog
A bored dog is not a happy dog and boredom is often the root of dogs behaving badly…
In many cases boredom can be managed with variety of materials that will distract and entertain your dog, meaning it doesn’t need to find some mischief to get up to. If your dog is leaving a trail of destruction when left at home alone, he may simply be bored.
Signs of boredom:
- ripping up things
- chewing things they shouldn’t
If your dog is left alone a lot, or has gotten into bad habits which are now entrenched, try our all natural Home Alone Mist.
This is a mixture of flower essences to help with boredom, separation anxiety and breaking habits. The calming essential oils add to this effect and give it a lovely scent. Just spray on your dog’s coat twice daily and before you leave it at home alone.
Home Alone is made from all natural ingredients including flower essences and essential oils that are totally safe for dogs.
Try it and see the difference
Relieving the boredom is another necessary step to prevent and stop the abnormal or unwanted activity.
There are many ways to help bored dogs, the most obvious being to provide your dog with something to do while you are away:
- toys – have a variety of different toys. Only leave your dog with one toy at a time and change them every day or so.
- time release treats – there are many chew toys that you can stuff with treats (make them healthy ones) and it will take your dog hours to extract them all
- ice blocks – great in hot weather – put some raw meat, carrot, peas and oats in a container, fill it with water and freeze. Just before you go out on a hot day, put it out in the yard with your dog – hours of entertainment and good nutrition too.
- my personal favourite – a lovely meaty bone – there is nothing else to put a look of bliss on your dog’s face like chewing for hours on a bone, and it is the best toothbrush you’ll find too! If your dog is a chewer, give them a bone…
- you can also give them an old shoe you are finished with – walk around in it for a while before you leave – dogs usually go for your favourite shoes because they were the pair you had on last and your scent is on that pair. Use this tendency to your advantage.